ZaReason needs a company car with a some type of Linux logo across the side, letting the world know, or at least our part of the the world know that Linux is just as normal and acceptable as a FedEx truck, the Mr. Rooter truck, or the flower delivery truck.
Every time I see that flower delivery truck around town, it sparks the memory of the bouquet I got for my daughter’s teacher last June. I can smell the rush of sweetness from the tender blush pink roses. Wouldn’t it be cool if people had a similar sort of visceral, emotional reaction to a Linux truck, “Oh, sweetness, that’s the sleek, high-end computer that works so well.”
A girl can dream, can’t she?
I have looked, but I can not find a make and model of car that communicates the ZaReason image. Perhaps we are ahead of the curve on this one, but here is what I want in the company car (prepare to be amused):
* Made by a company with eco-friendly policies
* Sleek, high-end, but not pretentious
* Seven seater to allow for cargo transport for conferences and runs to the suppliers
* Not a cargo van. We will probably be using it to transport kids to our “Little Linux Gurus” afterschool courses at our shop.
* Geeked out, not quite Maker style geeked out, but close